Peachtree Paddle News
On August 4, the warming hut at Bitsy Grant received the final certificate of occupancy. The warming hut has been named the “Bitsy Bunker” and will get a lot of use this fall and winter when the Peachtree Paddle season kicks off. We will celebrate with a Grand Opening Event on Friday, September 23 from 6-8:30pm. The evening will feature clinics and exhibitions by four top nationally ranked paddle pros, food, spirits, music and great fun. Stay tuned for more information.
Look forward to seeing everyone in the Bunker this fall.
Peachtree Paddle will offer two Members Only Tournaments. The tournaments will feature:
- Flighted doubles play for Peachtree Paddle Members
- Flights to be determined by player rating levels
- Each flight will play during 2-3 hour pre-determined time slots
- Sign up with a partner or can be paired up
- Fall tournament – December 10, 2016 @ Bitsy Grant
- Winter tournament – February 4, 2017 @ Bitsy Grant
- For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Peachtree Paddle will pilot its first-ever Men’s and Women’s League Play featuring:
- Team-based league play running for 8 weeks during the Winter Season (January and February)
- Regular season matches, playoffs, and league championship event and party
- Each division will consist of 4-6 teams of 8-10 players, with 3 or 4 lines of flighted play per match
- Women’s league matches will be played on Tuesday mornings. Men’s league matches will be played on Monday and/or Tuesday evenings.
- Top 8 performers in each Rating Level automatically qualify for the first-ever APTA League Championships in Chicago in early April, 2017
Come celebrate the Grand Opening of the Bitsy Grant Platform Tennis facility on Friday, September 23 from 6-9pm. We will unveil the new warming hut, now named “The Bitsy Bunker”. Top ranked Men’s and Women’s APTA professionals will put on a series of clinics and exhibitions. Music, catered dinner, and fun for all ages.