2016/17 peachtree paddle overview
With the addition of public-access courts at the Bitsy Grant Tennis Center, Peachtree Paddle will expand its program offerings for the 2016/17 season.
Included in Membership Fee:
- Flex Play
- League Play (New)
Offered to Members at a Discounted Rate:
- Instructional Clinics (New)
Peachtree Paddle will host several events during the 2016/17 season:
- Bitsy Grant Grand Opening - 9/23/16
- Members Only Tournament - 12/10/16
- Peachtree Invitational - 1/20-22/17
- Members Only Tournament - 2/4/17
- League Championships - Date TBD
A $100 Membership fee will be required to participate in Peachtree Paddle Programs and Events for the 2016/17 season.
APTA membership will also be required. The APTA offers Peachtree Paddle members a discounted rate of $35.
Peachtree Paddle Membership allows entry into Flex Play, Men's & Women's League Play, and Members Only Events.
Continuation of the program that has been offered over the past several years:
- Round robin match play - several weekly time and venue options for all levels of play.
- Flexible web-based scheduling - click into matches on your own time and at your own level.
- New APTA Player Rating Program (1.5 - 6.5) will be used to form 4 levels of play.
- Begins mid-October and runs through end of February
For detailed information on Flex Play, click here
Peachtree Paddle will pilot its first-ever Men's and Women's League Play featuring:
- Team-based league play running for 8 weeks during the Winter Season (January and February)
- Regular season matches, playoffs, and league championship event and party
- Each division will consist of 4-6 teams of 8-10 players, with 3 or 4 lines of flighted play per match
- Women's league matches will be played on Tuesday mornings. Men's league matches will be played on Monday and/or Tuesday evenings.
- Top 8 performers in each Rating Level automatically qualify for the first-ever APTA League Championships in Chicago in early April, 2017
Peachtree Paddle members will receive a discounted rate on Adult Instructional Clinics at Bitsy Grant during the Fall and Winter Seasons.
- 90-minute clinics taught by PPTA Paddle Professionals
- Two 6-week Fall and Winter sessions. Each session includes a week of free trials and a week of make-up clinics.
- Clinics available for all levels of play
For detailed information on Adult Instructional Clinics, click here.